Diversity and Inclusion Statement
IPR and Ball State PBS’s workforce is representative of our community demographics. Qualified individuals from diverse nationalities, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, and socioeconomic statuses are encouraged to apply for staff vacancies and receive interviews based upon the needs of the position.
Our recruitment efforts will continue to include historically underrepresented populations to create the cultural milieu that promotes participation by all as we are guided by Ball State University’s Inclusive Excellence Plan and its focus on Diversity.
A commitment to a workforce that represents our communities continues with recruiting efforts. Employment opportunities are posted on the IPR and Ball State PBS and Ball State University Human Resources websites, as well as numerous print and online professional journals and newspapers that reach a diverse audience. We continually explore new opportunities for achieving and promoting diversity and to monitor and evaluate success and meet the standards of federal and state law, Ball State University’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s Diversity Eligibility Criteria.
Diversity Activities and Initiatives:
- “Community Connections” producers regularly presented guests that discussed diverse parts of our community and resources within our region with missions of assisting and educating the public about available resources to improve the quality of life in and around our listening/viewing area.
- Entered into a sponsorship agreement with Muncie Habitat for Humanity to support improvements in housing in our communities;
- Entered into season partnerships with Cornerstone Center for the Arts and Arts Place, Inc., community arts organizations in Muncie and Jay County that offer arts education to underserved residents;
- Contracted with Hillcroft Services to employ dozens of individuals in the preparation of large mailings;
- Completed a sponsorship of Motivate Our Minds, which provides before and after school activities for disadvantaged youth in a safe location;
- Continued a long-standing agreement with WIPB-TV to promote PBS educational programming and events in our region;
- Continued production of local news stories about the economy, health, employment, cultural events, and other timely topics.
We also operate under the IPR Code of Integrity.