The new Ball State Public Media Accelerator (PMX) gives highly-motivated students the opportunity to work at Indiana Public Radio and Ball State PBS while exploring potential careers in public media. Positions include audio/video production, marketing, community engagement and more. All Ball State students are eligible to apply.
Features of the Public Media Accelerator program include:
- Paid work in a professional public media environment
- Dedicated personal workspace in the new PMX Innovation Lab
- A dedicated academic professional who will make sure your experience aligns with our goal to create a high-impact learning practice
- Ongoing career mentoring
- Monthly Lunch and Learn sessions with nationally-recognized media experts
- Opportunities to participate in Indiana Public Broadcasting Stations (IPBS) webinars and other learning opportunities
To apply for a position:
- Get a job referral from Ball State Career Center
- Verify you are eligible to work for Ball State.
- Be sure that you have the required documents to present to the Career Center.
- Email the following to:
- Job Referral PDF
- Cover letter (including a paragraph or two about the applicant’s goals and how the position would help their personal and professional growth)
- Three references
- Watch for an email to schedule an in-person interview
- Portfolio / demo reel / writing samples reviewed at interview
Mr. Terry Heifetz
Public Media Accelerator Manager