COVID-19 is blazing through the IPR listening area. Tuesday’s statistics from Muncie’s IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, show:
- The adult inpatient census is 252: 109% capacity. (232 is 100% normal capacity).
- 71 COVID patients are at IU Health Ball Memorial.
- 14 of those are under the age of 50.
- 19 of those are in the ICU.
- 99% of COVID patients on ICU are unvaccinated.
- 85+% of overall inpatient COVID cases are unvaccinated.
Hospital spokesperson Neil Gifford provided these latest figures that come directly from IU Health-Ball Memorial’s medical staff.